Dates Scheduled for 2018 Trip
The Footsteps of Saint Benedict pilgrimage generally takes place shortly after Christmas. Please check back here for the dates once confirmed, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the list of interested persons.
Footsteps of Saint Benedict Pilgrimage
The Footsteps pilgrimage is a spiritual journey for young single Catholic men (ages 18-35) who are open to exploring a religious vocation. By prayerfully visiting the holy sites of Saint Benedict’s life, one will be able to experience the origins of Benedictine Monasticism at its roots. No doubt, this experience will play a vital role in one’s vocation discernment.
Tentative Schedule includes: Daily Mass, Liturgy of the Hours, and two meals at our residence in Rome, Sant Anselmo, the International Benedictine House of Studies.
- Leave from your most convenient airport for Rome.
- Meals and Prayer at Sant’ Anselmo and free time in Rome.
- Free day until Solemn Vespers with Pope Francis in Saint Peter’s Basilica.
- Mass with the Holy Father for the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God.
- Free day in Rome (Tour churches in Rome, Roman Forum, Circus Maximus, Coliseum)
- Visit Subiaco Abbey, location of Saint Benedict’s cave and first monastery
- Visit Monte Cassino, Benedict’s famous Abbey where he wrote the Holy Rule
- Return to U.S.A.
Cost & Registration:
$499 fee + purchase of your own lowest cost airfare. This fee will cover room, two meals a day, and all travel costs in Italy.
Space is very limited. Do not buy your airline ticket until you register with Father Maximilian Maxwell, O.S.B. and send a $100 deposit.
Make checks out to Saint Vincent Archabbey.
If the cost of the trip is preventing you from considering the pilgrimage, ask Father Maximilian about a Scholarship of $700.